Quilting, Serging, Special Sewing Techniques, EQ7 Training, Guest Educators, and more.
Enhance your sewing skills in 2017.
Join us for a Workshop.
Winter NewsletterPublished January 10, 2018
Welcome to the world of creativity and sewing mastery
Guest Educators – tons of talent coming! Check the Newsletter for Details*Kathryn Brenne – writer for Vogue Magazine / Pattern Designer
*Al Cote – Fibre Arts and Master Quilter
*Kathy Wylie – EQ7 Guru and Award Winning Quilter
*Linda Crawford – from Uplift – the Boob Camp expert
*Shahena Fredericks from Studio 180 Rulers
Register by phone 905 844-2782 or in person.
To register, please phone the store.905-844-2782
Why we do what we do
- Sewing is relaxing, it's social and it's rewarding.
- Every day we see the smiles when someone "gets it".
- We see the "Show and Tells" from customers who have put their heart and soul into a project for someone special.
- We have great confidence and satisfaction knowing that we are offering the most up-to-date sewing information on state-of-the-art equipment.
- It just doesn't get better than this.
We LOVE to sew - period.
Join us in the journey.
If you need Adobe Reader, to read the Newsletter PDF... Get it here.
The Fine Print - Cancellations Policies
Registration Notes/Cancellation Policy
Please Read Carefully.
We consider it polite and ethical to respectfully request you to purchase fabrics and supplies from the Oakville Sewing Centre when registered for one of our workshops (unless specified otherwise). We thank you for your courtesy which supports our ability to continue a costly education program and provide the best instructors.
- If a course description indicates “Supply List”, this means that pre-class purchase and/or preparation is necessary.
- Register early as classes fill quickly. A maximum of 10 students are permitted for hands-on workshops and 20 students for demonstration workshops.
- Full payment is required to reserve your space. Check your dates and times carefully.
- No enrollment may occur, in which case fees will be gladly refunded.
- No refund or credit will be issued if you do not attend the class, for whatever reason, or if you do not provide at least 2 weeks notice of cancellation prior to the class date.
- For complimentary classes to machine purchasers, where refundable deposits are required, no deposit refund will be issued if you do not provide 2 days notice that you do not plan to attend.
- Check registration before purchasing class materials. No refund for cut materials if the class is cancelled.
- Most classes are hands-on and require that you bring your own machine, unless prior arrangements have been made to use a store machine.
We do maintenance and repairs to all makes of sewing machines and sergers
Your sewing equipment requires routine maintenance - just like your car
Your sewing equipment requires TLC just like an other machine. It should be cleaned (and oiled, depending on the machine) on a regular basis. Always use good quality thread, needles, and make sure that you are using the bobbins that were designed for your machine. This all sounds very elementary, but these tips will assist in the quality of your sewing experience. However, periodically, your machine will need the assistant of a sewing technician, for either a repair or a routine tune up.
Our factory trained technician comes to our store once a week, when the store is closed. All machines must be received no later than noon on Saturday of any week to be repaired that week. If no parts or extraordinary repairs are required, your machine will be ready for pick up the following Tuesday morning when the store opens at 10:00 a.m.
- Basic tune up mechanical - $89.98 plus HST
- Basic tune up Computerized - $99.98 plus HST
- Basic tune up serger - $99.98 plus HST
- Basic Bench Charge for any repair - $50 plus HST
- Estimates - $40, which can be used toward repairs
Any parts or extraordinary repairs are extra. Customers will receive a call with the final charge prior to repair. A verbal authorization is required to proceed.
No appointment required.
Shop Canadian - buy fabric, not postage and gasoline
Some points to ponder
- US prices for fabric appear to be cheaper because they are priced in yards, not meters.
- US prices do not include shipping –OUCH!
- Sewing machines purchased outside of Canada have NO manufacturer’s warranty in Canada.
- Support your local fabric and machines stores where the service is personal and available.
You’ll be glad you did!